Friday, October 14, 2022

Email saved for postarity

 Hi Joel,

You want me to edit this, rather than drop it in a fire?

It breaks every conceivable rule I have ever learned about technical
writing and looking at it makes me nauseous. The 1,000 superficial
changes of note on each page, don't come close to the deep-seated
problems with that document. Now usually, I consider myself a
descriptive person when it comes to language and uses, but the use of
language and lack of structure in this doc makes my skin crawl in ways
no southern drawl on the vowels of Es and Is ever could. This
document’s passive, yet controlling voice, rekindles my hatred for the
patriarchy and the society wrapped around the fragile male ego. The
lack of graphical determination reminds me of those so lacking in
imagination and knowledge that one must consider the writer's lacked
theory of mind. I shudder to think what a Greek God of Language would
do to those perpetuating such filth, and that's saying a lot because
the Ancient Greek didn't even have spaces between their words.

If I accept this project, I will edit it like God did to Sodom &
Gomorra and utterly wipe it off the face of the earth, but instead of
leaving pillars of salt, I will leave you with an easily printable
version of this: Hugh the Ducky’s Quick Quack Start Guide

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10f6lU-PBFuDpG8Jp7qiG6GxwtZr3B6xXDlEDIAtrMrs/edit?usp=sharing

I can have a mostly finished document to you in 2 weeks.

Cheers!
Raya



On 2022-05-17 10:26, joleary@hugllc.com wrote:
Hi Raya. Later last week I dropped the Quick Start Guide on your desk.
If I recall correctly, we briefly discussed this document last week. I
marked it up fairly significantly, and Mike also added some edits.
(His edits are in red ink.) Anyway, I believe you are the person to
make edits to the master copy. (With your educational background,
please make whatever changes you feel are necessary/beneficial too.)
Also, please remember the audience is anyone who has purchased a HH1
system, thus fairly broad. Lastly, let me know when you think you will
be able to tackle this project. If you have questions, you know where
to find me.

Thanks so very much for your help with this task.

~ Joel

No comments: