Sunday, July 24, 2022

 So as a Mom of 9, I do laundry 6 days a week. 

As l sort through each piece of clothes as l throw them from the dryer to the children's baskets anything ripped or too stained gets tossed n the rag pile. That is until my mother started buying my kids the newest denim styles. You know the new jeans that come prestained and pre-ripped? And l want to as my mom "You paid $90 for the things l am tossing out n my rag bag?"

Yeah, now l have to remember which ones were ripped on purpose and which ones were ripped by actual wear. 

Then l got smart and started passing down their worn-out jeans by bringing them home in a shopping bag and telling the kids that l just got them new clothes.

My laundry room is right off my living room And there is some magic curtain around that laundry room that every time l step into it l disappear. For most of 20 years, l have spent hours a day doing laundry you'd think the ds would realize that is probably where I hang out. I must enjoy sorting socks. But no, they always ask when walking into the living room "Where's mom" and I'm like "Dude I'm right here" but they can never see me.

It goes with my theory that moms become completely invisible when doing chores. No one ever seems to see a mom clean anything. You be like "didn't you all just see me spending all day cleaning that kitchen?" and they all shake their heads no that way they can deny your next statement. "if l can spend all day cleaning that kitchen then you can at least wash your dish."


No comments: