When Arwen died, I held her 4'10" frame in my arms for a long time. I still remember that weight and how my arms got sore.
Today Mary, who is now very close to Arwen's size, slept in my arms that way through all of Sacrament meeting. Her sweet breath against my chest as she breathed is what separated the experiences from each other.
Oh how fleeting life is and how precious.
Sometimes I wonder what would have been different had Arwen not died.
Would we be moving Shannon into a dorm this week? (instead have marying her off in June?) There are so many probabilities and ramifications of these events in our lives.
Would Ian's heart condition have been diagnosed and his heart surgery successful as it was if Shan hadn't complained to Teddy about her fainting? Did Arwen have the heart condition too?
No comments:
Post a Comment