1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Birth Alone
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?Well, I kept some of them, until I changed the goals. Other got lost in the business of life, and of course I will make more for next year- maybe if a I put "brushing my hair everyday." on enough of them it will eventually happen.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?My sister, her friend, my cousin, me, friends at church... I'm just hanging with a fertile crowd.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yup, and I miss him, but life keeps going.
5. What countries did you visit?No countries- how about states- like denial, apathy, excitement?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
sleep... apples from my orchard... more organic eggs
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
June 16, Oct 19
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Had a girl! and closed a business with out debt (I hope)
9. What was your biggest failure?
besides not brushing my hair?..... probably something about keeping the house clean- but that is not so much of a failure as it is yet a mountain of habits to make.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nope- healthy as an ox and enjoying it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
no easy answer- all "things" traditional bought with money pale in comparison to what I bought with my time and effort. Like reading time with kids, family home evening, and the fruit of having the kids closer to us.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The kiddos! they did great in school and with chores.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I had a girl!
16. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder,thinner/heavier,richer/poorer?
happier, richer ( in spirit)- and I refuse to worry about weight
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
play with the littles.. enjoy my woods
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
time spent on my computer
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
quietly (relatively speaking) with family
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Yvette- my business's right hand lady- and my friend.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
over and over and over again (with the same man)
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I like Eureka.... and the Muppets.
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
A listened to a few good ones, but haven't had too much time for reading. But the spot for "best" clearly goes to the Book of Mormon.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The primary children- they are talented and sounds like angels!
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
an earth friendly way to heat my house (will keep trying though)
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
nothing stands out- I am still waiting for one to sweep my off my feet.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had an old fashioned sleep over with my best friend. We watched movies, ate sweet and made love... wait ! I never did that as I kid.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
"Is it warm enough?"
34. What kept you sane?
the promise that tomorrow would be another day, the promise the kids grow up and the knowledge that only I can change me.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage issues- trying to understand the complexities and religious/ moral stands.
37. Who did you miss?
my pattern maker
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I feel in love with another mother with an autistic child. I adore her because her problems always make mine look easy.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
don't share unusual birth plans with people who never question the box they think in
gravity never fails
stand in awe- at all time
don't trust permanent markers in the hands of anyone under 30
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
" Press forward Saints..."