A lot of my favorite blogs post predictions at this time every year. You can read Sharon's here, and Orlov's here.
So I thought maybe I should do a few too, but first I asked the wisdom holders of the next generation.
Galen said that there will be a new Lego movie out. He even named it.
Ewan said that my parents' dog could die.
Ian said that he'll get new toys.
Clay said "I will get a new toys too."
My guess is that my children's predictions will be more accurate then mine :) Just remember to value my advice for the amount you paid for it.
10 predictions for 2010
1. That Shannon will learn how to take off all her clothes. This will occur in the same week she learns to open the house doors and run into the yard. Children always seem to learn new skills in sets of 2.
2. That the real price of oil/energy in all storable forms will continue to climb and that we will rejoice in finding ways to use less of it.
3. That it will take my family all year to successfully transition to cloth wipes for toileting use.
4. That Galen will continue to do well in school and that we will have to fight for getting enough challenge to keep Ian interested.
5. That we will be living closer to the earth, particularly for when we go to bed and arise each day.
6. That Ian will desire to take care of himself, and learn how to, and be willing to do it several times a day with minimal adult support. (ok, this one may be a stretch for this year)
7. That technology and the access to it will start to be limited due to budget constants. Many families will be priced out of personal computers and internet connections.
8. That airlines will continue to offer degrading services for higher and higher prices. This means that many families will also be priced out of flying. (that and the fact that new regulations will began to make the 1,200 mile trips by car with 5 kids look easy).
9. That Hunt Utilities Group will began marketing a very promising line of awesome houses that will not only lower utility bills (good bye heating costs) but they will also be designed to handle lots of kids effectively in small spaces. And they have a green house to assist in your gardening efforts.
10. That people will began to realize that other people matter to them, that other people matter more then another computer game or the next TV show and that they will began to talk with them more, play more games together and build a community.