Friday, December 24, 2010

I returned all the toys, 
I threw away all the candy, 
I recycled the ribbons and called them quiet handy (need a picture of some children tied and gagged with Christmas ribbon) 
I was tired of the noise, 
the cries for new toys, 
the living room hip deep in debris from the boys 
the cute little girl in tutus galore is using my coat to mop up the floor 
 my boots have been pooped on, 
blame the small pup who was not brought out soon enough after he supped .

But the thing that really gets me, today of all days 
was getting my car stuck in the driveway 
and why this peeved me beyond all exception 
is that I had requested it be shoveled by the boys, no exemption! 

But alas, they did not do any of the chores I required 
to earn the dear the toys their hearts have desired 
 and when Christmas comes tomorrow, yipee! 
they will run to their stocking, and what will they see? 
 nothing but socks, half a dozen pairs per kid 
and the whining will start, and they will flip their lid 
even though we warned them, and often had said 
that kid who do no chores, get pairs of socks instead. 
 so unless your feet are ridiculously cold 
you better shut, listen and so as you're told.

No comments: