Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Zucchini Brownies

Sorry I have no pictures- these never last long enough for that.

They are perfect to make with the large garden zucchinis- often called "Mega-Zukes."

Bake 350, until you consider them done.

Mix:
1/2 cup applesauce (today I used mashed squash) or 2 ripe bananas or oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
fat dash of cinnamon
1/2 c baking cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda

then add:
about 3 cups of shredded zucchini (if it has large seeds, I would seed it first. I learned that one the hard way ;P)
2 cups whole wheat flour
and all the chocolate chips and nuts you want

Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake.

I usually top it with a Tofu Frosting

Blend until smooth- I mean really smooth. Keep blending:
1 package (12 oz?) silken tofu
1/2 c baking cocoa
dash of cinnamon
dash of vanilla
maple syrup- to your sweetness preference- feel free to taste several times while adjusting quantities
1/2 cup nut butter of your choice (cashew is really decadent)



No comments: