Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pumpkin, Oatmeal, Raisin, Chocolate Chip Cookies

AKA: Raya Cookies

My cookies have evolved again. In effort to make them allergen free (for my family) and healthier I have changed out fat for pumpkin. To make them lighter, I add home ground oat flour.  Ect, ect.

Here is the current version:

Raya Cookies:

MIX:
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin or equivalent squash

2 Tbs olive oil
lots of cinnamon
1 cont grape juice concentrate (defrosted)
1 cont water (I use the empty concentrate cont)
1 Tbs baking soda

ADD:
4 cups whole wheat flour (freshly ground is best)
4 cups oats ground in a blender- some texture left is awesome
raisins, nuts, and chocolate chips to taste

Drop onto sprayed cookie sheet (they won't spread, so many can fit on a sheet). and Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

This recipe makes about 3 cookie sheets full- if your toddler doesn't get to them first.


No comments: