Friday, June 28, 2013

Vegan Rhubarb Pumpkin Bars

ok- Here is an Idea my pregnant tastebuds wanted that actually turned out really well. 10 minutes out of the oven and it is gone. Not bad considering when I mentioned the idea to my family they all looked at me as if I was crazy. (which I am, but that's another post).

VEGAN RHUBARB PUMPKIN BARS

Mix:
2 cups whole wheat flour (fresh ground is best)
cinnamon (to taste)
nutmeg (to taste)
ginger (to taste)
cloves (to taste)
Baking soda 1 tsp
Baking powder 2 tsp
dash of salt

Then add:
1/2 c ground flax
3/4 cup water
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 cup natural applesauce
2 mushed ripe bananas

Now add:
2 cups sliced rhubarb
1/4 cup maple syrup

Mix and pour into greased pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350 until done _ about 30 minutes.

Awesome with dairy free cream cheese style frosting.


No comments: