Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!

How could I miss a holiday like that? I mean it was yesterday and I did nothing about it until tonight. Of course that is probably because by the time I found out it was national chocolate chip cookie day, I had already made my avocado chocolate cake/brownies.


So here is my  repentance and restitution.....my husband let me make it up to him.....adapted from a recipe called "Better then Sex chocolate chip cookies." Now of course, we will have to prove which one is better ; p





One good cookie deserves another.

A Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie- and nobody will argue that it deserves to be called a cookie.


cream:
3/4 cup vegan butter
2 mashed bananas
1 c sugar (gasp, I used real sugar)
1/2 cup black strap molasses
2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs cinnamon
shakes of ginger, nutmeg and allspice
2 shakes of salt

then add:
2 tsp baking soda

then add:
4 cups freshly ground whole wheat flour

now add:
1 cup broken walnuts
1 cup vegan chocolate chips


Drop/ roll into balls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min.

I like to leave them soft.

No comments: