Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Discussion of Marketing Tactics and How it Relates to Mr. E's Monsters

Marketing something on the internet, according to www.entrepreneur.com, should add "add value rather than clutter to their lives." It should also be very focused. Focused is doable. Monster Art is Mr. E is nicely focused. But how does it add value it people's busy and hectic lives? I mean if I'm perusing Facebook (the main focus of the Monstrous Art marketing) what stops my scroll? Cute things. Funny things, or things that are not about Trump. I know I am going off topic here, but Facebook is more cheery when politics is not 90% of it. . . so things that make me laugh or kick in those cuteness hormones. Monsters are cute? Maybe they're funny?

The whole purpose of the monstrous art is to be a diversion. So how do I go about diverting people's attention from political posts? I feel if I continue on this train of thought I will go back to cuteness. Some of the monsters trade on cuteness...like this one.


Quality gets people to share it and discuss it. What is quality in cuteness or funniness? How do I get someone to like it enough to share it? Always make it funny or cute? The post I made about the Pancake Eating Hippo, was cute, not just the monster but the reaction to it by cute little boys. Between the cuteness of the pancakes and faces of the boys, it did gather more likes and responses and shares than any other monster posts up to that point. 



Plan for it to take time and grow bit by bit. Marketing involves patience? you mean it's not instant? Being that there is nothing beyond time and energy involved in this adventure at this time, the monsters have learned to wait. Mister E's mommy just doesn't have enough time to do it all right now. She made some excuse about being a grad student.

Connecting with influential people/groups can introduce you to a whole new group of people. Good ideas. I wonder who Mister E should connect with?


Build relationships with everyone that reaches out to you. Oh oh, this is beginning to sound a little bit like work. Respond to people? Maybe even in a timely manner. I have ignored my brother when he reached out to talk about picture quality. Since then I figured out how to crop and relight pictures on my phone before uploading them onto the net. I still haven't responded.


Consistently publish good content. I think this harkens back to the concept of better photographs. And making the posts worth stopping for. But what about that word "Consistently"? That goes back to the idea of trying to get new content on Facebook every week. So far I have managed every 2-3 weeks, probably not enough.


Share as you want to be shared. Think I could get my Sister-in-law to share my posts if I share hers? Maybe I could even make a deal of it. And perhaps even expand to other's . . . 

Sigh, marketing sounds like a little work, all the time.

No comments: