Thursday, March 29, 2018

Weekly Reflection #3


I bit the bullet and started into those readings, and now we have a nice little page AboutDyslexia.I kinda like how this page turned out. It is quick and hopefully an easy read that may give hope for some flustered parents of frustrated kids with dyslexia. It also dabbles with a little bit of academic research that is not usually connected with dyslexia, but I think Mister E's connection with it makes for a nice little case study.

For only the second time in the wiki, we have pages that link outside the wiki, not only the academic studies but also basic links on some of the learning disorders. Which reminds me, I should also link to a good page on ODD.

The wiki is taking on a nice shape. It is easy to add monster pages and we are beginning to get some good background information/resources available on it. I try to keep everything simple, neat, easy to read and am trying for consistent layouts. I expect layouts of more complicated pages will naturally fall into a standardized pattern and if not, then a little work will be applied to make it so.

For marketing this week, we did make our Facebook post and will have to make another one soon, perhaps tonight or tomorrow, (but I am writing this post today because my weekend is booked) as Mr. E made a really cool monster this week, but I haven’t had time to breathe. He would happily spend most days working with me on the wiki, which is something I just can’t do at this point in the semester (but I did a few weeks ago, which how this wiki got off the ground) But this may be an interesting opportunity to teach him to wiki and see what we come up with. He has started to text his grandparents so perhaps he can write a wiki page. Wouldn’t that build up my argument about how wikis and dyslexics can interact?

But I am once again afraid that everyone is so busy with their lives that I may have to bribe people to add something to the wiki.

Next week I hope to; clean up some details on the wiki, do more readings, write a page on creativity and dyslexia and move into the concepts of how wikis and dyslexics can be mutually beneficial.

As I review this blog post, that I am currently writing, I realize how stream-of-consciousness it is. As a general rule, I try to avoid stream-of-consciousness writing in all forms of academic prose. This week however, I am likely to let it stand because I have moved into the modern and postmodern eras in my literature class and have noticed the predilection of such writers to not only follow streams-of-consciousness, but also to use it as a way to play with time, to jump forward and move backwards with a whiff or a sound that stirs the memories. No wonder this is the era Dr. Who came to being, as we have learned to time travel in our thoughts and our stories.

No comments: