We had quite a weekend. We spent a day at the science museum- the kids under 6 had a tough time with it. We ate in restaurants, tried to sleep in hotels, hauled the biggest and heaviest stuff from our old house in preparation to the closing date- went to the temple-ate in yet one more restaurant and finally drove home in 2 vehicles after dark- then we slept and slept and went to church - back home again (jiggy jog) and then to a cousins birthday party. But Now- all is quiet.
Again, all quiet contemplation leads to the overwhelming feeling of gratitude.
Tender Mercies of the weekend:
1. getting lost in downtown Saint Paul- but still finding our way to the science museum faster then my parents.
2. my husband apologizing for yelling at me when he didn't see the turn I indicated while getting lost in downtown St Paul.
3. Organic juices available at the Gas Station.
4. 10 minutes in the restaurant after my husband and kids left...I was to pay the bill...but also ordered and truly enjoyed eating the cheesecake with no one I had to yell at.
5. Attending the Temple on Saturday- seeing old friends
6. Got my kid's birthday gifts (all the birthdays in my family fall between mid Oct and Jan 1st) all at the same store- talking to old friends at the store.
7. The ease of hauling our picnic table with extra hands of the missionaries (our picnic table is 300 pounds, made from recycled plastic).
8. Garison Keiller and Prairie Home Companion on the drive home- with all the kids asleep.
9. Catching up with the moving van my husband was driving and just following him all the way home.
10. 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night. (first time in how long?)
11. State President talking in Relief Society.
12. The amazing- and truly blessed orajel.