Sunday, November 19, 2006

Utterly and completely wiped out



I'm so wiped I can't even get much beyond this title.

Life has been crazy. This is the first weekend in almost 2 months that I have been home Saturday. My home chores were so piled up that I (as the only mother , step or otherwise is here) had to tell myself that I couldn't go to the ball last night because my chores weren't done.

Myself wasn't overly abashed, having recognized that I had gone and had a ball on Thursday and Friday nights already. And myself also recognized that you can't jolly well be a mother if you are never home to be one.

Yesterday I had energy and cleaned the kitchen, even the fridge- which had piled up with leftovers so old.......
anyways, then I put up the Christmas tree, actually we just moved the Christmas tree from where the kids put it up when I unlocked the closet to get some props for a Christmas themed photoshoot. And worked on cleaning the living room. I made some real progress. There might be a floor in there after all.

I meant to go to church today. I had all the kid's church clothes laying on the ironing board and had plans for an easy breakfast, but when I got up for the first round around the house I realized that I had no energy to deal with it and the more I thought about it the more I wanted to go and the more frustrated I came that I could just sit there. Now that brought me to the point of tears, at which I remembered from childhood meant I was too sick to go to school, and therefore  I skipped church and crawled back in bed.

Mike fed and showered the kids this morning while I slept. And I did sleep.
I do have some interesting things to blog- but am not ready to compose them into words yet. Hang on, maybe by tonight.

And here is some fruits of my work for you to enjoy.

No comments: