Sunday, January 13, 2008

The best laid plans of mice and women

Yesterday I spent the day making food. Breakfast cookies, omelets, smoothies, lasagna and then cookies again (for breakfast on Sunday). I bathed the kids and made sure to get to bed in time to get 8 hours of sleep before the alarm went off at the pitifully early hours of 6:30am. Yup. you hear me.

6:30 am on a Sunday. So I could get up, showered, dressed, dress all the boys and get us in to the car by 8am so we could make it to church by 9am for the ward conference.

But this morning didn't happen as planned. Clay woke up screaming at 4 am. No matter what we did he screamed straight through until 10:30 and then decided he had enough and went and played.

Meanwhile my ears and pregnant body were trying to recover from the noise and lack of sleep. I didn't move much until noon, and then I moved slowly.

It often amazes me that sometimes the harder I work, the less likely I am to achieve my goal.

No comments: