Tuesday, January 10, 2006

homeschool link

While feeling a little lonely last night for somebody who could talk to me about homeschooling special needs, but very intellengent children I ran across this site. A lot of interesting and wonderful little essays by a mother of 10, and a homeschooler.

http://www.schoolofabraham.com/nothanks.htm

Galen has been reading to himself. The other night I came down to tell him to go to bed one more time, but was charmed by how much work he was putting into his book. (with out his glasses) so I gave him his glasses and he proceeded to read it to me. He decoded about 20 pages by himself and read those outloud to me. I was rather impressed and felt the "laying off" of the acedemic approach may have prooved fruitful after all. We shall see what today bring.

No comments: