Sunday, October 10, 2010

The magic unveiling

This week we take that first fateful peek inside my growing abdomen. What will we find there?

I had 2 ultrasounds in a row that produced shock. And then finally one that produced awwwe.
It took a lot of work to get my Shannon.

I have to admit that I am a little apprehensive this time. We know this is not a "normal" pregnancy. I have had 5.5 normal pregnancies and this is not one of them. We know we have healthy fetal heart tones. We have strong suspicions that we are expecting more then 1, which would explain all the unusualness of this pregnancy.

Other then that there are several other reasons why things could be different. I could have the wrong due date (which I know is not the case). I could have excess amniotic fluids- which would not be a good thing. I could have a cyst or a growth, I could just be "prestretched" - not! (Galen stretched me first thing, and I know how big I normally am at different stages of pregnancy. Usually I am just beginning to wear maternity clothes at 20 weeks, not growing out of them.)

Well anyways, You can bet we will be posting news here of what we find out this week. But you will have to wait until Thursday, for that is the day we peek.

No comments: