Wednesday, December 29, 2004

My opinions about the news

UN's comment that America was stingy with aid: Well the UN just doesn't understand us Americans. They don't realize that we are so busy this time of year rushing to the store to buy storage containers for all of the glut we got burried under from Christmas, that we just don't have time or energy to think about anybody else.

The Earthquake and resulting title wave: One more reason not to live on the crowded sea coasts.

The news that some parents got so fed up with thier kid's behavior that they put the $700 worth of video games on ebay: too little to late, rewarding good behavior and punishing the bad has to start at about 6 months old and is never something we can let up on. And come on, the kids must have been spoiled, $700 of video game toys for Christmas? Just how many of those games promote working togther and parental respect?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family made a donation on behalf of your family and all the families affected by the tsunami. It's your christmas donation present.

-Amber

Round Belly said...

Thanks Amber :)

Anonymous said...

Well next time us Americans get butt-fucked by terrorists then we'll see who the UN is more willing to help.

You're so close-minded and self-absorbed.

Anonymous said...

Raya, I'm so sorry that someone wrote that last comment. I've had several nasty comments left in my discussion room, and at first all of them made me feel ill, but I learned not to take anything personally and to keep in mind that everyone has opinions, and some of them suck, and show a complete lack of verbal respect and overall intelligence. I understand what you were trying to say and I'm glad you write here. Keep on bloggin!

Amber

Round Belly said...

Don't worry Amber, from thier vocabulary use it didn't take me long to determine how limited thier understanding must be- and also that it had a very low chance of being anybody I knew personally :)

Anonymous said...

Good. I'm very touchy when someone is harassing my family. I just posted my New Year's list. Thanks for the suggestions! Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to Galen!! We're planning on a family celebration for him next weekend! We love you guys and can't wait to see you!
Amber