Sunday, December 19, 2004

Pussy Cats, Rubber Mats and Stranger Things

We now have one kitty- "Gandolf the Grey" one dog "Samwise", a fish, adn about 5 or 6 snai ls at any one time. Gandolf is our newest addition and he seems to be enjoying the love and company of a houseful of young boys. Gandolf is also smart enough and big enough to sucessfully run and hide when needed.

A half hour after we got the kitty, Gandolf pulled one of his great excapes, adn the kids spent the next hour looking for Gandolf, of course the kids are not good at finding thier shoes, nontheless a thinking cat. So Gandolf stayed sucessfully hidden until bedtime, when I thought I better check the kids' closet before locking the door for the night. Sure enough Gandolf was in there, happily laying on a pile of clothes. So I picked him up and petted him. He started purring, and I let all the kids pet him once before setting down outside the room.

However, somehow in the course of ripping out the entry way carpet, Galen found Gandolf, tucked him into the little "Cat bed" he made from him and is now lavishing loving attention on the furry animal. When I checked in, Gandolf didn't seem to mind. But I may have to seperate the two so Galen will get some sleep.

Well That's all about the pussy cat now, so on to Rubber mats. We ripped out the carpet in the entry tonight in prep for the new tiles that are going in tomarrow. So I cleaned it up and layed down the wonderful "mud catcher" mat that I bought for it last week from U-line. Stores just don't carry things quite of that quality. But it is not a suprise to me that industrial strength is a neccisity for a house full of boys.

Stranger things? I have a craving but I don't know what for. So I guess it's time to nibble until something hits the spot. :)

Have a good night!

No comments: